The 2022 Corolla HatchbackAug 9th, 2021
Edgy, Dynamic, And Athletic: The 2022 Corolla Hatchback
- Nine models, including the ultra-stylish Nightshade Edition
- Top-line XSE models enhanced with eight-speaker JBL Audio System
- Safety features enhanced on all models
Your life is waiting – and the Corolla Hatchback gets you there with exhilarating drives, class-leading fuel-efficient performance, all the nimbleness and versatility that you love in a compact hatchback, and connectivity for today’s lifestyle. New for 2022, all models feature enhanced updated multimedia systems that keep you in tune with what matters, plus many available new eye-catching colour choices – including the limited production Nightshade Edition.
“The Toyota Corolla Hatchback proves that small vehicles can deliver big driving enjoyment, eye-catching style, and impressive comfort and technology features,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc. “Millions of Canadians have driven a Corolla since we first introduced the badge here, more than five decades ago – and drivers keep coming back for more. That’s why Toyota continues to offer small car choices such as this sporty and versatile hatchback, even as other automakers abandon the segment.”
The Corolla Hatchback is agility, personified. Based on the Toyota New Global Architecture, its low centre of gravity and exceptional body rigidity combine to deliver dynamic, fun handling. Confidence and control – enhanced with Active Cornering Assist, a multilink rear suspension and other features – results in a genuinely sporty drive with great driver feedback, quick response, and super stability.
Under the hood, the Corolla Hatchback houses a powerful and responsive Dynamic Force 2.0 L inline four-cylinder powerhouse enhanced with Toyota’s direct injection system and other advanced engine management technologies. The result is a spirited 168 peak horsepower.
This is coupled to a choice of two transmissions to deliver power to the front wheels. Recognizing that stick shifts deliver big driving fun, Toyota continues to support those who love manuals, with a six-speed iMT (intelligent Manual Transmission) featuring downshift rev-matching for smoother and faster transitions between gears. The Corolla Hatchback is also offered with a Direct Shift Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with simulated 10-speed Sequential Shiftmatic steps and Sport Mode.
Regardless of powertrain configuration, the Corolla Hatchback delivers impressive fuel efficiency. The CVT scores a 6.7L/100km combined city/highway efficiency rating, while the EMT clocks in at 7.5L/100km.
Corolla Hatchback’s body features a wide track, short overhangs and athletic lines that express the spirit of a rally car. More than a handsome ride, this styling also helps you to cut through the wind, reducing unpleasant noise and vibration. Every trim level boasts its own distinct features, too.
Inside, Corolla Hatchback’s cabin is inviting and exciting. Its premium looks and feel starting with high-gloss accents set against soft-touch materials, including piano black trim. Automatic air conditioning is standard, while comfortable front-row sport seats are designed to hold the driver in a natural posture, with everything within easy, intuitive reach. The Corolla Hatchback is surprisingly roomy and versatile, too. A rear bench offers seating for three more passengers, as well as anchors for child seats. And when it’s time to haul gear, the rear seats split 60/40 and fold to provide additional cargo space – all accessible through the rear hatch.
Every Corolla Hatchback is also a technology showcase. The information and entertainment system features an 8” touchscreen and is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. All models feature Connected Services by Toyota – featuring Service Connect and Safety Connect, plus additional functionality on higher-grade models. Other technology features include a multi-information display plus the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start.
A long list of standard safety systems includes Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – a bundle of active safety technologies that help extend the driver’s awareness and ability to avoid collisions or mitigate their effect. TSS 2.0 includes Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection, Automatic High Beams, Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection, Lane Tracing Assist, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Other standard safety features include the Toyota Star Safety System, a backup camera, seven airbags, and a tire pressure monitoring system.
New this year, all Corolla models are fitted with an added safety feature that ensures the rear lights are on when the vehicle is moving.
To cater to a wide variety of preferences and budgets, the Corolla Hatchback is offered in a range of models as follows:
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback S is offered in a choice of iMT (starting MSRP: $21,390) or Direct Shift CVT (starting MSRP: $22,390) transmissions. This model includes 15” steel wheels, a 4.2” multi-information display, sport fabric seating, and a rear spoiler.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE (iMT starting MSRP: $23,440; Direct Shift CVT starting MSRP: $24,500) enhances the S trim level with heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, anti-theft system, the Toyota Blind Spot Monitor System, and 16” alloy wheels.
- The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE Upgrade (iMT starting MSRP: $25,300; Direct Shift CVT starting MSRP: $26,300) builds on the SE model, adding Connected Services by Toyota Audio Plus with Remote Connect, a heated steering wheel, wireless charging tray for compatible personal electronics, and 18” alloy wheels.
- The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Nightshade Edition (starting MSRP: $26,830) is a limited production model. Based on the SE Upgrade model with Direct Shift CVT transmission, this model features unique Nightshade black details – including 18” alloy wheels, mirror caps, door handles front and rear spoilers, side rockers, exhaust diffuser, and badging.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE (iMT starting MSRP: $27,170; Direct Shift CVT starting MSRP: $29,150) builds on the SE Upgrade models. New this year, the XSE models feature an eight-speaker JBL Audio System to provide epic soundtracks for amazing drives. Other features on XSE models include dual-zone automatic climate control, a 7” multi-information display, eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, fabric sport seat cladding with leatherette trim, the adaptive front lighting system, and fog lamps. The XSE with Direct Shift CVT also receives an enhanced connectivity package: Connected Services by Toyota Premium Audio with Remote Connect and embedded navigation.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For complete and up-to-date details and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/corollahatchback.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
- Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.